At The Wright Group we invest in professional real estate photography because it can yield substantial returns. While it may come with a price tag, the benefits far outweigh the costs. By allowing for professional photos, not only do you enhance the value of your home marketing, but you also increase your chances of selling your property for a higher price.
In today’s digital age, where potential buyers often first encounter properties online, the initial impact your listing makes is crucial. To maximize traffic and generate interest, it’s essential to go beyond ordinary snapshots. Embracing outstanding photography can fast-track your selling process, ignite competition among buyers, and significantly boost your final closing payment.
Gone are the days when homeowners could rely solely on their agent taking photos with their smartphones to secure a showing, not to mention a sale. The numbers speak for themselves, professionally taken photos have been proven to expedite the sale process. Moreover, they give prospective homebuyers an immediate sense of high value and quality, enticing them to schedule property visits promptly.
So, if you’re serious about standing out in the real estate market, don’t underestimate the power of professional real estate photography. It’s a savvy investment that can make all the difference in achieving a successful and lucrative sale, and we cover the cost, all we ask is that the property is ready for the photos with the steps at the bottom of this page. We are happy to help get things in order to make for the best photos if need be.
Surprisingly, 97% of savvy buyers nowadays kickstart their home search online, emphasizing the importance of top quality photos. Delightfully, properties adorned with professionally captured images witness a whopping 61% surge in viewership compared to their counterparts lacking such finesse. Naturally, it comes as no surprise that listings boasting these visually appealing photographs tend to fetch higher selling prices, thanks to the elevated image they present.
Remarkably, enlisting the expertise of The Wright Group, real estate professionals who uses a photographer can actually increase the value of your property when compared to those without professional imagery. Moreover, as per Redfin’s study, homes showcased with professional photos are more likely to seal the deal compared to those featuring point and shoot images. This positive impact transcends all price ranges, ranging from a promising 5% to an impressive 17% increase in successful sales.
Comprehensive research conducted by PR Newswire unveils that homes boasting professional photographs on their listings boast a remarkable 36% faster selling time when compared to their counterparts. On average, these homes spend a mere 89 days on the market, while other listings linger for 123 days. Additionally, properties employing the skills of a professional photographer tend to sell for $11,000 above market value and secure a remarkable 50% faster selling time than those with standard photos. It’s worth noting that a staggering 98% of potential homebuyers judge whether or not to explore a property further solely based on the listing photos they encounter online.
Captivating the power of professional photography is important, the ability where a single photo can enchant viewers and “halt their scrolling in its tracks“. In fact, according to Redfin, homes showcased with professional photos boast an astounding 47% higher asking price per square foot. By embracing real estate photography, you can enhance your home’s online presence, accentuate its finest features, and elevate your marketing materials to new heights. Don’t let poor-quality photos discourage potential homebuyers; amateurish visuals can deter them from even considering your property. Furthermore, if there are only a handful of images available, clients may turn their attention elsewhere. Presenting high-quality real estate pictures not only showcases your commitment, but also deepens the trust of prospective buyers. These professional images illuminate your properties in the most favorable light, making online browsers more inclined to view your listing. Let your property shine bright with attractive and top-notch visuals!
Once again, we at The Wright Team pay for the photos prior to listing the property because we know the importance and the value it brings to our clients. Here is a little more information on our Blog.
Preparing your house for a professional photoshoot
The photo-shoot should take no more than 1-1.5 hours (houses bigger than 3,000 sq ft may take more time).
We will be photographing both the inside and outside of your home including all major rooms. You have
a direct impact on how well your home will look in the photos by following these guidelines.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs in fixtures and lamps.
- Remove all vehicles from driveways.
- Move garbage cans out of sight.
- Remove all clutter such as cans, garden tools, pool toys, etc.
- Clean the driveway, patios and sidewalks of any debris or clutter.
- Prepare the lawn by trimming the grass, removing all died plants, and watering the plants.
- If you have a pool, remove the pool sweep, pool cleaning equipment, and any pool toys, a clean pool is highly recommended.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs, matching color light bulbs is a plus.
- Turn on all interior lights, leave all lights on during the photoshoot.
- Turn ceiling fans and televisions off, lights on.
- Remove all exposed items such as cables, newspapers, kids’ toys, personal photos, religious symbols, etc.
- Dust and vacuum all the rooms.
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink.
- Move/ remove all the trash cans.
- Clear off all countertops- toothbrushes, shavers, soap dishes, tissue & lotion dispensers, makeup mirrors, etc.
- Windows, glass doors and mirrors should be cleaned.
- Open the blinds, shades and curtains if there have good views of the neighborhood.
- Fresh flowers can be used to decorate some rooms and fresh fruits to stage the kitchen.
- Please make sure pets are contained, their food cans, toys or crates, and litter boxes are away from the view while photographs are taken.
- Throw rugs and runners in entryways, kitchens, and bathrooms should be removed.
Some additional tips for:
The Home Exterior
- Mow and rake yard.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Clean grease stains from driveway.
- Clear back yard of pet waste, toys, and if possible, any damage.
The Living & Family Room
- Remove piles of newspaper and magazines.
- Hide all TV/Stereo remotes.
- Conceal all exposed cables as best possible.
- Remove clutter, personal photos, etc. from bookshelves tables and cabinets.
- Tuck trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard
- Make all beds and tidy bedrooms.
- Clothes hung or folded and put away.
- Remove items from bedside tables – books, magazines, pictures, clock radios, etc.
- Plug in and turn nightstand lights ON.
- Clear off counter tops and remove any appliances, i.e. toasters, coffee pots, knife blocks.
- Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator.
- Clean the major appliances – refrigerator, oven, range hood, and wipe down all countertops.
The Dining Room
- Set the table with your best China and dinnerware. (Optional)
- Add a colorful centerpiece such as candles or flowers.
- Remove child seats/booster chairs.
- Remove shampoo and other products from the shower/tub area.
- All toilet seats should be down, and lid closed.
- Mirrors should be clean.
The Final Touches
- Contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets.
It may seem overwhelming, but the end results are well worth the efforts when the photos go online.